Blue Sage or Grandmother Sage
Among the many smudging sages out there, Blue Sage or Grandmother Sage is one of the native herbs that replace White Sage.
Many people look for White Sage alternatives out of respect for Native American tribes since white sage is considered sacred; therefore, Blue Sage is used.
Blue Sage or Grandmother Sage
Blue Sage (Salvia azurea) is also known as “Grandmother Sage”, and its name comes from its broad medicinal and magickal and metaphysical properties, which are extraordinary.
Performing rituals with blue sage helps to find balance in one’s life, attract abundance and wealth, purifies thoughts, provides inner healing and helps to reach reconciliation.
But in general, Blue Sage is often used in rituals for cleansing, healing and attracting abundance.
Blue Sage Properties
• 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐲: Similar to White Sage, Blue Sage also dispels negative energy in rooms, homes, spaces, objects, and people.
• 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡: Blue Sage is often used in exorcism rituals due to its ability to remove malevolent spirits and attract spiritual strength.
• 𝐓𝐨 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬: Blue Sage is extremely beneficial to use in prosperity and abundance rituals due to its ability to attract money.
• 𝐀𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞: Many people seek a replacement for White Sage due to its scarcity to Native American tribes who use the herb in sacred rituals. Blue Sage is a great white sage alternative.
• 𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐈𝐥𝐥𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬: Light the tip of a blue sage wand and waft the smoke over the person. Repeat your desire that the person is healed and gratitude for the plant’s bounty.
There are, of course, many other minor things that can be done with Blue Sage, and it all depends on the user on how they choose to utilize this herb.
𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘
Blue Sage is the perfect herb to burn in any abundance or prosperity ritual as it has metaphysical properties that attract success.
𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖?
Blue Sage is one of the most common types of herbs that grow from the Central US to the Northwest USA. It is also found growing in Eastern Utah all the way to Southern Minnesota and Florida.
𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄?
It smells a little grassy and mild herbal aroma which is soothing and has a very mild cooling effect, unlike White Sage which is strong; therefore, this is way much milder and easier.
𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎 𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄?
There are two ways you can use Blue Sage, and it all depends on which you are comfortable with.
- You can light a bundle from the top end like a cigar and then walk around clockwise around your room, house or space.
- You can crush its leaves and put them on a burning charcoal tablet on top of a safe dish or surface to perform meditation or abundance and success rituals.
Where to Buy Blue Sage in Malaysia?
You can buy them from Green Daun New Age Shop in PJ, Selangor, or if you prefer, you can also buy Blue Sage online from our Shopee shop.
We also sell several other types of sage online at our Shopee Shop; therefore, you can buy it online if you are out of Selangor or unable to visit our retail shop.
Some people prefer White Sage over Blue Sage at the end of the day, but some respect the native wishes and choose to use Blue Sage or Grandmothers Sage.
One of the reasons is that the Blue Sage grows wild and in abundance in the Southwest of California area; hence it is easily available.