Where to Buy Peacock Feathers in Malaysia
If you have been looking where to buy peacock feathers in Malaysia, you have landed on the right page. These beautiful natural peacock feathers serve many purposes which include decoration, craft, accessories and even prayers.
When needed, these feathers are not easily sourced, but at Green Daun craft shop in Petaling Jaya, we carry hundreds of these feathers for those who want to know where to buy peacock feathers in Malaysia.
Where to buy Peacock Feathers in Malaysia
Green Daun has the best selection and quality for peacock feathers for sale, and apart from these feathers, we also sell many other types of feathers which are equally beautiful.
The standard size of the peacock feather is about 1 meter (3.3 feet) long and if you require shorter ones, we can easily cut them to the desired size you want.
We also sell some peacock feathers that come in different colours, which are specially dyed to suit your theme color. Choices include the full dyed and half dyed peacock feathers.
Types of Peacock Feathers
There are a few types of peacock feathers that we sell in our shop and they include;
- Indian Peacock Feathers – These are the most common type of peacock feathers in Malaysia and they come in lengths of three feet long. They have the normal big eye and are suitable for all kinds of use.
- Small Eye Peacock Feathers – These are commonly used as table decorations, jewellery making, dream catcher feathers or even cake decorations. They come in 12″ inch long pieces and is depending on availability.
- Colored Peacock Feathers – A more unique type where the peacock feathers are bleached and colored. Some are full coloured while others have coloured stems. These are great for art and craft, jewellery making or dream catcher feathers. These also come in 12″ inch long pieces and is also depending on availability.
- Peacock Sword Feathers – This are the long sword looking part of the peacock which are great for decorations. Usually they are combined with the peacock feathers. The peacock sword comes in various lengths but we only carry the 12″ inch ones at our shop.
- Peacock Sword Feathers with Eye – These are similar to the common peacock sword, but come with a small peacock eye at the top. Suitable for decorations and jewellery making.
- Peacock Eye Feather – These are just the eye of the peacock feather, meaning the feather has been trimmed to only the eye. They are used mainly for various craft projects, jewellery making and also dream catcher making.
Peacock Feathers Decoration Ideas
Peacock feathers have been used for centuries and is still being used till this very day. The natural beauty of the feathers appeals to many people and when creatively used, they look really amazing.
There are also many ways that people use peacock feathers, which I will share below;
- Decoration – The most common use is for decoration in homes, offices or even businesses like restaurants, cafes, boutiques or even in hotels. The feathers are usually in vases or made into wall decorations. Some hotel functions also use them for the table decorations during seminars or dinners.
- Feng Shui – A number of people use the peacock feathers for Feng Shui purposes too.
- Prayers – Peacock feathers are commonly used for prayers for some religions in Malaysia where it is mainly used as part of the altar decorations.
- Masquerade Decorations – A popular choice for masquerade masks and other decorations during masquerade themed events.
- Fashion Shows – Commonly used as accessories for the fashion models during catwalk shows. Sometimes, the peacock sword is also cut and used as make up accessories for the models, especially above the eyes.
- Gift Wrapping – Some creative people use these to strengthen their gift wrapping techniques by adding the feather or feathers as part of the wrapping design.
- Cake Decoration – There are also people who use peacock for cake decorations, especially during special events or weddings.
- Jewelry Accessories – Probably the most common use for peacock feathers as the trend in the last few years has seen them used in earrings, necklaces and even feathered cuffs.
- Dream Catcher Feathers – A number of people like to use peacock feathers in their dream catcher designs as they give out a radiant lively color.
There are probably many other ways to use the peacock feathers, and it all depends on your creativity in this.
If you are a dream catcher maker, read this article on dream catcher feathers in Malaysia, as we carry over 20 different types of feathers in our shop. There is also a wide variety of colors available.
Where to Buy Peacock Feathers in Malaysia
There are a few places in Malaysia that sell peacock feathers, but only the common type. At our shop, we carry many different varieties and types of peacock feathers suitable for crafting and decorations.
From the photos above, you can roughly see the many different colours and types that we carry. If you need additional information, you can always drop by our shop or contact us at our hotline: +6 018 2888 048 and we will be glad to assist you.
For large quantities or over 500 pieces of peacock feathers, please contact us so we can arrange the stock. At our shop, we have up to a few hundred pieces at any one time.
Some other craft shops may sell feathers, but in very small quantities. This means that if you are looking where to buy peacock feathers in Malaysia and randomly visit some craft shops, you may or may not find them there.
At Green Daun craft shop, we sell the peacock feathers individually and also in large quantities. This means, you can just walk in to buy one or two pieces, or you can also get up to a few hundred pieces of peacock feathers.