Sacred Hojari Frankincense Resin Types
There are a number of Sacred Hojari Frankincense Resin types available in the market and one should be sure about where they come from.
The Hojari grade frankincense resin comes only from Oman, and if you have seen others being sold and come from Yemen, Somalia or any other country, those are not the Sacred Hojari.
Types of Sacred Hojari Frankincense Resin
Oman is known to be the only producer of the sacred frankincense, and due to the increasing demand from the world market, there are some out there who will brand other frankincense resin as sacred.
The Omani Hojari Frankincense is also known to be the highest and best grade in the world, and this is why many are now seeking the sacred frankincense resin.
These resins which were once worth their weight in gold are 100% naturally harvested from the Boswellia Sacra tree that grows in the deserts of Oman.
The resins are also hand picked in a tedious process that is done once a year. From each tree, there are four main grades of resin that is harvested, and in total, it takes about 30 to 40 days.
Due to popular demands nowadays, many people have resorted to giving fancy names and grades to the resins, mostly by sorting of the colors. However, from what we learned, there are four main grades, which are;
1. Sultan Hojari Frankincense Resin
- Premium 6-Star Grade that is presented to the Sultanate of Oman and Royalty.
- Only a very limited amount is available for the world market.
- Scent is citrus, lemon and very fresh.
- Color: White to pale blue and green.
- Use: Consume and burn.
2. Green Hojari Frankincense Resin
- Premium Grade that is sought by most people.
- Scent is citrus, lemon and fresh.
- Color: Pale green to yellowish green.
- Use: Consume and burn.
- Benefits: Multiple healing properties for external and internal use.
- Other Names: Sultan Hojari, Royal Hojari.
3. Brown Hojari Frankincense Resin
- General high grade that is sought for burning.
- Scent is a much stronger frankincense smell.
- Color: Brown to dark brown.
- Use: Burn only.
- Benefits: Those who prefer a slightly less citrus scent and more of the frankincense scent. Serves the same purpose as the other grades.
4. Black Hojari Frankincense Resin
- The final resin grade before the tree is exhausted.
- Limited quantities available due to high demand.
- Color: Dark brown to black.
- Scent is sweet, spicy and a little peppery.
- Resin is sticky.
- Use: Burn only
- Benefits: For purifying the atmosphere, enhancing your senses, and grounding your connection whilst deepening meditation. It energises the air, bringing vitality and purification to your home and environment from negative energies.
Other Frankincense Grades
Because of the high demand for quality frankincense resin, there are many sellers who have come up with new and clever names for the grading system. They include;
- Superior Bone White
- Honey Hojari
- Lemon Hojari
- Yellow Hojari
Apparently, all of the above names are actually gimmicks created by western marketeers to be different and push sales. Over in the Middle East, names like these don’t seem to exist.
What happens is that because the resins are all random and raw, you often get discolouration from different grades. They then pick out the different colors and create a new name for them.
What Frankincense Resin Do We Sell?
At the Green Daun New Age Craft Shop, we sell all the four main grades of Sacred Hojari Frankincense resins from Oman.
We are not a wholesaler or supplier, but we get our stock from a reputable supplier, hence our quality is well controlled.
The Sacred Frankincense resin is also sold in glass amber jars of 20 grams. Amber is used to prevent the resin from turning color when in contact with light.
We also sell the special gold charcoal tablets, which are best used when burning the resin. These gold charcoal tablets have a special coating that prevents the smoke of the charcoal from clashing with the resin smell.
Buying Sacred Frankincense Resin Online
This is mentioned because if you are a first-time user, you should see, touch and smell the product to know what is the difference among the many frankincense resins out there.
Because frankincense resin comes from a tree, there are numerous other trees which also provide resins, and often, consumers are easily fooled if you do not know what the high grades smell like.
Nowadays there are many unscrupulous sellers online which deceive the consumers by showing photos of the actual product, and when you buy and receive the items, it is not the same thing.
To avoid being cheated, I recommend you visit our store to see the actual product, then at least you know you have bought the real thing from a reputable seller in Malaysia.
Where to See and Smell the Sacred Hojari Frankincense in Malaysia?
You can do so at the Green Daun New Age Craft Shop in Damansara Perdana, Petaling Jaya. We are a proper retail shop that is open to walk-in.
Apart from the sacred hojari frankincense resin and essential oils we sell, there are also other resin and natural herbs available like Palo Santo and Sage.
Final Thoughts on Sacred Hojari Frankincense Resin Types
I hope that this article has come in informational for you and if you have any questions, please feel free to drop by our shop anytime during our business hours.
Remember, we are not an online shop, hence we have a proper retail shop where you can see and smell the Sacred Hojari frankincense resin that we sell.